With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be overwhelmed with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Surprise! We’re here to add to the noise, but for a good purpose. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and last longer than your typical tank heater. For real! We put together the leading reasons you should purchase a tankless water heater.
- Refunds – While the initial cost can seem a bit challenging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of around $300.
- Continuous Flow – We’ve all felt it. The awful pain of frigid water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Get excited! Tankless water heaters avoid that problem altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlast inefficient tank water heaters by 5-10 years. The government rebate plus not having to replace your tankless water heater as often equals big savings.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only demand the necessary amount of energy to heat the quantity of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you’re not going to use. This magical tidbit can save you up to 20% off your water heating costs. They also use less space since they can be mounted on walls (or outdoors if you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be mounted under cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage – No tank, no tank to crack, no flooding. Even though a leak is not impossible as with any plumbing appliance or fixture, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 50 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t keep water in a tank, you always have fresh, clean water that isn’t kept in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these fantastic reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is the best option for your home, call Hammond Plumbing & Heating today for a complimentary in-home analysis
. We are here to make sure you invest in the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, advise you of all the facts, and be there when you’re ready to make a decision.