Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think over, as well as the pluses of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your home comfortable. An updated air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Hammond Home Services by Enercare, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you get new units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your house more comfortable and lowering your monthly utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for a special deal because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Hammond Home Services by Enercare. We understand the cost of replacing your total system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 226-240-1120 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.