Prevention is the most important place to start. Doing correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kitchener.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking regular furnace maintenance with Hammond Plumbing & Heating.