What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is fatal at increased levels or with long exposure.