Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Kitchener

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak could include the following:

  • The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People inside the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you have any of these signs and are worried they are due to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.

There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in many cases the homeowner is on the hook. Luck for you, the professionals at Hammond Plumbing are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a ton of things to get done around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Kitchener codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Hammond Plumbing’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to handle a host of gas line projects in the Kitchener community, so no job is too much for our specialists.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, call your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Hammond Plumbing to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, need to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
  • Invest in and utilize an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks immediately.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair