End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Kitchener Home
The typical home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year because of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go unnoticed for too long.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for additional water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s important to detect and stop the smallest leak.
Hammond Home Services by Enercare is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Kitchener.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Pinpointing and repairing leaks are the most routine calls we receive for plumbing services. Repairing a leak right away can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks can be harder to find than others, but there are a few telltale hints that you need to contact a plumber in Kitchener. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than normal.
- Your pipes regularly make thumping sounds.
- There are rusty stains in your toilet, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls feel moist or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s wet soil or erosion close to your residence’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t locate the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Look at the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or miniature silver wheel. If the dial is moving, you probably have a leak.
We can find the point of the leak and get it stopped before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are a lot of areas you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be caused by broken seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, clogs and more.
They usually are spotted:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, notably models that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you see proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 226-240-1120 or request an appointment online.