According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Hammond Plumbing can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Kitchener don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Hammond Plumbing, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and expertise to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to call us at 226-240-1120
as soon as you notice a problem to evade as much, potentially costly, destruction to your house and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are throwing away waste the right way.
- Dumping grease down your drain will cause a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) into the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Hammond Plumbing install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Hammond Plumbing to look for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Hammond Plumbing today at 226-240-1120
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.