Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Kitchener
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s draining like it should so your Kitchener basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop running for a few numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, call the Experts at Hammond Plumbing & Heating to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not run when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump starts and drains the water rapidly.
- During arid weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Hammond Plumbing & Heating for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to shield your home from water damage, look to the Experts at Hammond Plumbing & Heating to confirm yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 226-240-1120 or schedule an appointment online.