Your sump pump is one of those things you may not remember until you need it—then you hope it’s operating as it should. The good news is that the experts at Hammond Plumbing are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Kitchener home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve probably experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting up, give Hammond Plumbing a call to schedule a visit and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with various preventive maintenance tricks to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the opposite) when you need it most. Our team will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any sign of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and walk through your options.
It is crucial to take note there are multiple easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Hammond Plumbing to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 226-240-1120
or request an appointment online.